Search This Blog

Monday, June 29, 2009

CRAFTivities- Sunflowers & Seeds Counting

SUNFLOWER SEED COUNTING

TOOLS: Printed Clip Art, Laminator (optional), Scissors, Sunflower Seeds

I found some free sunflower clip art, copied over to Publisher. I made 6 on a sheet so we could count to 5 and then I could put the letter Down for the week too. I wrote/typed the numbers on them then laminated and cut them out.




The idea was that with my help, he would place the amount of sunflower seeds on the number and also to try to create the letter with the sunflower seeds. He wasn't into it. NOPE, not at all. I took a photo so you could see what it was I did at least.
Oh well... try again later.


FOR MORE THEMED IDEAS CHECK OUT THESE LABELS:
THEME/SCHOOL BOX- Our planned curriculum for the week
CRAFTivities -Crafts and activities
FIELD TRIP- Theme related outings in Orange County, CA



10 JUICY LOVE NOTES:

mommytoalot said...

Love it. I was doing "work" with my three littlest ones and I had some file folder games that my neighbours sister gave us. The kids loved them. This is a game they can actually help make.
Your ideas rock! No wait..you rock.

Angela said...

Very cute! And YOU did a great job putting the correct number of seeds on the flowers. Way to go, K! :)

Keri said...

another way cute activity!!! you are very creative!! love how the sunflowers are so summery!!

Christy Killoran said...

That's cute. Don't you hate it when something you plan and spend so much time on just doesn't work? Well, at least you can save it for a later date.

Alicia said...

cute cute cute idea!! you're amazing!

Anonymous said...

Sorry it didn't work out with Z. I actually think that the idea is great, and I'll see how Anna will take it :)

Miller Moments said...

It's a really cute idea. Maybe try it on another day and see if he's in the mood?

Unknown said...

You've been tagged!! Whenever you find the time girl if you'd like to...come see my blog to find out what for!

Anonymous said...

Very cute idea.
I have done So many projects that have been met with ZERO enthusiasm. :)
Oh well, maybe someday they'll be excited about them.

Preschool Playbook said...

Add this to the list!

 
Custom Blog Design for Orange Juice by April Showers Blog Design