Search This Blog

Monday, June 15, 2009

Field Trip - Zoomars (Farm)


BE PREPARED WHEN YOU CLICK ON THIS LINK...THERE IS RIDICULOUSLY ANNOYING MUSIC!
TURN YOUR SOUND OFF BEFORE CLICKING!

Zoomars is a large-ish petting zoo in San Juan Capistrano.
Zoomars has in interesting list of animals including Horses, guinae pigs, rabits, goats, pics, a cow, birds, chickens, llamas, ostriches, and a few more.

Admission is $5 per person over age 1



I have been wanting to go to Zoomars forEVER! We finally finally went and I am coming back with some mixed feelings about it. It cost us $15 for all of us to get in and while the place is better than some petting zoos, I really didn't feel like the price warrented the visit.
The used to have a program where if you signed up with them as a free member you could get in for $3. They did away with that though and they don't do annual passes either. Bummer.
I was glad we went but what I had hoped would be a frequent visit for us will unfortunately not be because of the atrinomical price.



On the other hand though, Zorro did have a lot of fun feeding the animals ($1-$2 per basket) and getting up close to them was so neat for him.








FOR MORE FARM THEMED LINKS CHECK OUT THESE LABELS:
THEME/SCHOOL BOX- Our planned curriculum for the week
CRAFTivities -A photo walk through of our week
BOOK TREE- Our picks from the local library
FIELD TRIP- Theme related outings in Orange County, CA
COOKIE CUTTER LUNCH- Themed lunch using cookie cutters




3 JUICY LOVE NOTES:

Jenny said...

I was busy last week, getting ready for my son's party so I was out of the blogging world - but I wrote my 6 things that make me happy post! And to answer your question, I am a vegan; why do you ask? I've been busy, catching up on all your great posts!

valentine said...

sorry that it cost more than it should have, but looks like you guys had fun.

i love your blog, i am now a follower!

Christy Killoran said...

Looks like fun.

 
Custom Blog Design for Orange Juice by April Showers Blog Design