- Black and white paint
- Paint Container
- Paint brush (if you want)
- Glitter Glue (or glitter and glue)
MAKE IT A CRAFT KIT
(Eliminate time consuming steps so you can spend more time with your LO)
- Gather tools
- Cut cardboard in circle shape (no need for perfection, I free handed it)
- Cut Sponges in 2 or more circles of different sizes
- Place the rest of the tools in the shoe box or in a plastic bag
Now it's ready to go when you are!
- Use paintbrush and pain background white (step is optional. Works best with younger child who has little patience)
- Use larger sponges with white paint to dot on circles all over the moon. overlapping is fine the more layering the cooler it looks!
- Let it dry for a few min (doesn't have to be completely dry) while you mix the white paint with a drop of black to make a light gray.
- Use Smaller circle sponges to create depth on the moon. Again no need to be precise. You can even add some white over it too.
- Let dry for about 10 min
- Paint on glitter glue (or glue then add glitter)
Zorro is 2 years 9 months. He had TONS of fun with this. We hung the moon in his room and he thinks it's way cool! We are going to do this again with GLOW IN THE DARK paint!
FOR MORE THEMED IDEAS CHECK OUT THESE LABELS:
THEME/SCHOOL BOX- Our planned curriculum for the week
CRAFTivities -Crafts and activities
FIELD TRIP- Theme related outings in Orange County, CA