Search This Blog

Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Feeling Soupy

One of my fave things about Fall & Winter is SOUP! I LOVE soup! And I LOOOOOOOOOVE making it.

For my Birthday my mom bought me a HUGE stock/soup pot for the massive amounts of soup I
make. When I say massive amount I mean MASSIVE amounts. I quadruple recipes and and freeze them as well as make about 2 soups, stews, chilis a week. Since we have a deep freezer we always end up with a few to choose from at a time and always some to grab and go.


Since I have NO soup servers or special soup only bowls, I think this would be a LOVELY addition:



I am in LOVE this with set GORGEOUS!

For a more neutral set to use anytime I ABSOLUTELY love this too:


Isn't it amazing?

I think these qualify for the NEED category.

Awaiting Fall and all it's soupy glory....

12 JUICY LOVE NOTES:

love lives in the kitchen said...

i love the pot and i love pumpkin soup set.
this week (on thursday) i'll publish on my blog a recipe for a wonderful pumpkin soup. come to see it!
hugs, justyna

Christy Killoran said...

I love those too! I would love the pumpkin set if I had a bigger kitchen with lots of storage so that I could have something that I only use for one season. I love making and eating soup too! Do you have a favorite recipe to share?

JennyMac said...

I have the big white soup tureen from C&B. LOVE IT!

Unknown said...

You changed your layout!! (Sorry if it's been awhile---I've been out of commission lol) I love it! I'm getting ready to make some more changes as well! Yes, I love fall/winter...it adds a whole other dimension to my cooking because it's too hot in summer/spring to eat soup!! Soups/Stews/Chili just feel like cold weather foods to me!

FancyPants said...

I love, love, love soup! I need to make large amounts so I can freeze it, but never have gotten around to doing it. I typically just throw it together when the mood hits, but its hitting and so early in fall! I love your soup servers............ Something to consider purchasing. :)

FancyPants said...

PS - Love the new look!

Cindy said...

I too am a soup lover. You better share recipes.

Natalie PlanetSmarty said...

You are funny. Wishing you a soupy fall!

Miller Moments said...

I'm a soup lover too! Love your choices in serving dishes and bowls. The pumpkin one is especially cute.

Misty said...

What recipes do you use when you freeze soups? I always worry which ones will keep the best. I have heard so many contradicting things that I don't know what to do. I would like to get some in the freezer before the baby comes next month. Also do you just freeze them in bags? Thanks so much!
Misty
mnmzz at msn dot com

SPEAKING FROM THE CRIB said...

and here i thought you were going to start blogging about joel mchale

Daisygirl said...

oh how I long for fall!!! I love the pumpkin set that is gorgeous!!!
I left you an award today on my blog!

 
Custom Blog Design for Orange Juice by April Showers Blog Design