TOO MANY PUMPKINS DAY
Too Many Pumpkins is a story about Rebecca Estelle who grew up so poor that she ate only pumpkins for a month as a child and never wanted anything to do with them again, EVER. Now, as an old lady, she has the unfortunate incident of a pumpkin falling off of a truck and breaking open in her yard. She attempts to rid of this pumpkin but finds her yard overtaken with pumpkins the next year.
I've saved the ending for you.
This sweet and funny story are is based on the author's Aunt who grew up during the depression. The author says, "This story and it's happy ending are for her."
This story was one of those books that I grabbed and checked out even though I wasn't sure if it would be a hit. From the first time I read it Zorro has been strangely engulfed in this story.
He absolutely loves it!
I will link this all up once we do it
1. PUMPKIN PATCH! - One of my faves is Tanaka Farms. They have a whole farm tour.
2. Pumpkin Art- With Orange Paint and Circle Sponges
3. Pumpkin Stickering & Carving- Using stickers and helping him "carve"
4. Pumpkin Stew- My Mom's Recipe
5. Pumpkin Cookies- Going to try theseFOR MORE THEMED IDEAS CHECK OUT THESE LABELS:
THEME/SCHOOL BOX- Our Playschool Themes
CRAFTivities -Crafts and Activities
KID TRIPS- Theme related outings in Orange County, CA (and So. Cal.)