Search This Blog

Sunday, March 22, 2009

Red Sharpie Alert!


Notice there is no sharpie to be seen on the car door anywhere! AMAZING! It was all over!

D thought it would be a good idea to let Zorro run around with a red sharpie in his hands. He said it was in a zipped mesh bag so he didn't think it would be a problem. Well, you guessed it, it was a problem because when D put Z in his car seat to leave he had the sharpie too. I was getting into the car when D said, "look what Z did" in a calm voice. I look and and gasp and freak out! Z had taken the sharpie out of the bag (DUH!) and wrote all over the door in the car and on the beige upholstery seats and his own arms and legs (and face). Man I wish I had gotten a photo of it now.

I was so upset tough, I told D to get some stuff to try to clean it up FAST! I grabbed wipes in the mean time and nothing came off except a little residue. D came out with C.L.R., Shout stain remover and a rag. If you know me, you also know I'm just "a little green" and not so into toxic chemical cleaners. So why do you have CLR you might ask? Well, I bought it about 4 years ago and used it like 3 times. Then when I went mostly non toxic, I started buying the cleaner products and so I have a few things left over. That being one of them. So anti-toxic cleaners as I am, I have my limits. I NEEDED TO GET THE RED OUT! I never in a million years thought CLR would do anything but I was desperate. Lo and behold CLR not only got ALL of the red off of the leather, it got it off of the upholstery too!!!!! (!!!!!) Can you believe it?
Now I have to get it off the kid (don't worry I wont use CLR on him).

So who won this Mommy Vs. Toddler? I'd have to say me.

So here are the lessons of the day:

DADS don't let your kids have sharpies. And if you see one around remove it from the scene before the little spots it.

MOMS CLR gets SHARPIE stains out! (who would have guessed?!)

0 JUICY LOVE NOTES:

 
Custom Blog Design for Orange Juice by April Showers Blog Design