Search This Blog

Thursday, March 12, 2009

Tot School- Creating a System

THE BEGINNINGS OF A SYSTEM -
WITH A WAYS TO GO STILL

These are some pics of the drawers that I have sorted. This is ALL my supplies so far mostly from the Dollar Tree.

The first bin looks similar to this (I'll add a photo later) except it has 7 drawers; 4 small drawers on the top and 3 larger drawers on the bottom.


Top drawer is tools
5th/ first large drawer is painting & coloring supplies


6th drawer is craft supplies

7th drawer is pre made games andhelp tools paper plates and brown bags etc..


The second bin is a large 3 drawer bin. I got it for less than half the list price on Amazon.com at Walmart.


Top drawer is learning "toys"
2nd drawer is containers
Third drawer is papers
I have very few but plan to add here folders and coloring books
l


TRAY SET UP:

I plan on modifying tray system a bit and using the small drawers are trays. They are just about the perfect size. I can set them up and tuck them away. The way I have it set up is that I have 3 drawers dedicated to the tot trays that I will set up several times a week or modify. I have way more to go but this is a good beginning for us. Everything has been amazingly successful!

Here's this weeks:
(missing 1 will get up ASAP!)

Tray 1 Colors matching with cards and pom poms. The CD I play every day while we are doing it. Its fun to sing while we work keeps up both patient hand happy!
Tray 2 is hide & seek with animals to work on sounds and names as well as tongs to work on motor skills.
Tray 3 is Painting on blank paper with different types of tools- brushes, sponges, etc)


0 JUICY LOVE NOTES:

 
Custom Blog Design for Orange Juice by April Showers Blog Design