Search This Blog

Friday, May 15, 2009

What The Fabric is For

You saw the fabric in my "theme box" post and I said I'd explain that later. So here it is! I was waiting to see if it looked ok enough to continue...so far it's a go.

Each week Zorro and I go to Jo-Ann's and pick out a piece of fleece fabric to create a "no sew quilt" as an ongoing project. I don't have a sewing machine and this way he can also help if he can. He picks out the fabric based on the theme of the week (assuming we can find one). If we cant find something then we'll just skip it.

The point of this project is really several things. Zorro LOVES blankets (or Nigh-Nigh as he calls them). I thought it would be a fun way to create something that he loves and is a part of by picking out the fabric and helping where he can. Right now helping is mostly cuddling the ni-ni but he likes to pretend to tie the pieces and I am hoping that eventually he will be able to do that. If not it's a great memory of what we did and the blanky will last forever.

So that's the story. I wasn't keeping you in suspense because it's the most amazing idea to be had yet...but because I needed to test it out first and explain it too. :)


Front side with ties


Backside with knots


P.S. I'll post better pictures later.

0 JUICY LOVE NOTES:

 
Custom Blog Design for Orange Juice by April Showers Blog Design