Search This Blog

Wednesday, February 3, 2010

CRAFTivities- Farm in A Box (Farm) REPOST

 FARM IN A BOX


TOOLS:
Shoe box or other small box, clip art of farm animals (laminated and cut out), lg Popsicle sticks. glue, foam blocks, paint, paint brush, container for paint, grass or straw.

MAKE IT A CRAFT KIT
(The idea is to eliminate time consuming steps so you can spend more time with your LO)
Gather tools
get clip art off line, print, laminate and cut out
make sure the foam blocks fit in the box cut to fit if needed
Place the rest of the tools in the shoe box or in a plastic bag
Now it's ready to go when you are!

STEPS:
Begin by painting the box, set aside to let dry (tempura paints dry pretty quickly)
Glue the farm animals to the sticks
Once the box dries insert the foam blocks. Cut to fit if needed.
place a small amount of glue on tip of blocks and glue on straw or grass. (Too much glue will make the the foam hard when dried, be careful!) - set aside to dry
Once all dried insert the sticks into the foam and you have your farm!
When you are done, take the sicks d
own, and lay them in the box and close the lid.





***KEEP AN EYE OUT ALL WEEK MORE FARM CRAFTivities TO COME!***

FOR MORE THEMED LINKS CHECK OUT THESE LABELS:
THEME/SCHOOL BOX- Our planned curriculum for the week
CRAFTivities -Our crafts and activities inspired by theme, book or toddler
FIELD TRIP- Theme related outings in Orange County, CA

14 JUICY LOVE NOTES:

Alicia said...

HEY CRAZY! I just posted!! Right now!!

Christy Killoran said...

Perfect!

The Blonde Duck said...

How cool! Popped in from SITS to say hi!

jennwa said...

That is a fun idea. Young kids will love that.

Thanks for sharing with Friday Showcase!!

Have a great weekend.

Unknown said...

You are so crafty!! Ugh...the clock thing would drive me up the wall, deco or not!! I don't know why...just one of those things I guess...

Gidget Girl Reading said...

that is really cute!

mommytoalot said...

oh my gosh, how perfect, I am having a farm/cowboy theme party for my little guy next week. I am going to attempt this and see if we have time to make it at the party.
love it!

Miller Moments said...

Very fun! Even my littlest guy would enjoy this.

Crystal said...

How fun!

LitLass said...

Great idea!

Christy Killoran said...

I think we need to start communicating through email because I am leaving you tons of comments! We don't have In n Out Burger, but I have seen the tee shirts. WE also don't have White Castle or Sonic. For some reason there are tons of Sonic commercials on here but there isn't one anywhere in New England as far as I know. I'm glad you looked up quahog; I would not eat a rodent = ewww!

Anonymous said...

That looks like fun. I am looking forward to your next kit craftivities.

Susana said...

I LOVE this!! Keep them coming:-)!

Marina@EBMR said...

Hi...stopping by from SIYS and must say Im going to stay for a bit longer.I love you craft ideas. So neat!

Come stop by my blog and enter the giveaways...never know your lil one may get the singalong cd!

http://energizerbunnysmommyreports.blogspot.com/

 
Custom Blog Design for Orange Juice by April Showers Blog Design