Search This Blog

Wednesday, February 3, 2010

CRAFTivities- Scarecrow (Farm) - REPOST

**I don't normally do reposts but I wanted to re-share these 2 CRAFTivities because 8 months later my son is STILL playing with it! We keep our favorite CRAFTivities for playing with and this is TOP OF THE LIST (along with the Farm in a Box).

I hope you make this and your kids enjoy them as much as Zorro has!
 
SCARECROW


ZORRO wanted to make a scarecrow so I came up with this.
He LOVED THIS!!!

TOOLS:
Cardboard or heavy paper, straw or brown paper bag/yellow paper (cut into tiny strips), construction paper, fabric square
2 Popsicle sticks, glue, scissors, mini pom pom, yarn for mouth, 2 small or mini googly eyes, stapler, 1-3 buttons (if you want)



MAKE A KIT PREP!
cut a circle for the head out of cardboard or heavy paper
cut small piece of yarn for mouth
cut s square out of fabric about 5"x5"
gather straw or shredded paper (cut in small strips to shred yourself)- to look like straw use yellow or brown. Enough to glue on sticks and "stuff"
Cut out a hat (to look like straw hat?)



Steps:
glue the sticks together and set aside to dry (or hot glue ahead of time)
Take out or cut cardboard circle (for head)
glue straw on head
Glue googly eyes
Glue mouth
Glue hat on head over the straw - set aside to dry
Fold fabric into a triangle snip it with scissors in center to make opening large enough to slip pver the stick
Stuff with a little straw or paper strips then staple shut on sides (or glue if you have hot glue or fast setting. I use the stapler becuase Z can help)
Glue buttons on front of fabric
Glue head on sticks
Set aside to dry

ADD YOU YOUR FARM IN A BOX!



For more crafty kid ideas visit Ramblings of a Crazy Woman!

FOR MORE THEMED IDEAS CHECK OUT THESE LABELS:
THEME/SCHOOL BOX
- Our planned curriculum for the week
CRAFTivities -Crafts and activities
FIELD TRIP- Theme related outings in Orange County, CA



10 JUICY LOVE NOTES:

mommytoalot said...

Oh my gosh you are so creative. LOVE IT~+! I have so many ideas for the summer for crafts now...we have joint play groups and these are just awesome.

Susana said...

LOVE IT!! This is going on my craft idea page for the letter "Ss"!

DairyQueen said...

how cute! i love how you used the sticks and foam to make them all stand up - genius!

thatgirlblogs said...

stopped by from SITS. my littles would love to make scarecrows, thanks for the idea!

Christy Killoran said...

I thought you said that you aren't crafty? You must have been joking.
That is adorable.

Valerie McClintick said...

That is totally adorable!

Unknown said...

OMG! This makes me laugh and warms my heart, haha and can I just say...I love orange juice!Stopping by from SITS!

Goat Gal said...

Oh how cute! I also love the farm in a box! Adorable

LitLass said...

Cute!

jennwa said...

That is so cute. I love the scarecrow and the farm in a box.

Thanks for sharing with Friday Showcase!

 
Custom Blog Design for Orange Juice by April Showers Blog Design