Search This Blog

Thursday, June 18, 2009

CRAFTivities- Sheep Shearing (Farm)

SHEEP SHEARING

This CRAFTivity was inspired by my husband and 2 books I found at the library. While I was brainstorming ideas for our theme this week he suggested a cotton ball sheep to shear. I was a little hesitant and didn't add it right on to the list until I went to the library and happened upon these books. Then I knew it was meant to be. He really enjoyed this more than I would have imagined. GOOD THINKING D!



TOOLS:
Printout or Die Cut of of Sheep/Lamb, cotton balls, glue, paint brush, cardboard (to glue it onto for sturdiness) and scissors for shearing.


STEPS:
unroll or stretch the cotton balls out
cover sheep in glue
stick on cotton pieces one at a time till sheep is covered
Glue onto cardboard (before or after) to make sheering easier

LET DRY OVERNIGHT


Sheer the sheep with scissors or pull off with fingers


FOR MORE THEMED LINKS CHECK OUT THESE LABELS:
THEME/SCHOOL BOX- Our planned curriculum for the week
CRAFTivities -Our crafts and activities inspired by theme, book or toddler
FIELD TRIP- Theme related outings in Orange County, CA


10 JUICY LOVE NOTES:

Alicia said...

Hey Loveee! I hope you're feeling better! I do so miss my friend! Ok, for real...how the heck do you come up with all these craft ideas and lessons??? Were you destined to be a teacher?!

Zonnah said...

what a cute idea! I will have to do this one.

Polly and Ollie said...

We did a lot of glue / cotton ball crafts last year and Ollie really loved them. Great linking the craft to a book, too! Nice blog!

Christy Killoran said...

What a great idea! We have made sheep before, but I never thought of shearing them.

Sweet Serendipity said...

Cute! And great books :D

Little Nut Tree said...

Returning the SITS/ABC love. Brilliant idea. Froglet has just got some new scissors so I bet he'd enjoy this one.

Preschool Playbook said...

What a unique idea.

mommytoalot said...

Oh my what an awesome idea! Love it..and i know my kids will too.
I love your blog~!!

Anonymous said...

I really like this idea! Gotta try it one of these days!

Valerie @ Frugal Family Fun Blog said...

He looks like he is having so much fun! I love it!

 
Custom Blog Design for Orange Juice by April Showers Blog Design