Search This Blog

Sunday, October 18, 2009

Don't Cut Off The Minivan

Yes, I drive a minivan. Yes, I have one child. Got a problem with that? Seems some people do.
What can I say? I dig the mommy car. For me it as like a right of passage, a privilage....a way to be taken seriously since i look 10 years younger than I am...And hey, size matters.

Actually what sealed the deal for me was the automatic sliding door. Yup. You bet! I'll drive a mommy car for that thing. It ROCKS MY WORLD! -You think I'm joking?

But really my main point, DO NOT CUT OFF THE MINIVAN DANG IT!

You know you're guilty of it...

Diving on the freeway in some traffic minivan is passing you, look like mommy car is gonna get in front of you so you SPEEEEEEEEEEEED up.. 'cuz seriously, who wants them slow mommy drivers getting in front of you? PShhhhhhhh NOT ME!

Or the lane is merging and instead of merging like a HUMAN you-MUST-SPEED-UP 'cuz ain't no way mommy's gettin in front of me!

YOU KNOW IT'S TRUE!

And JUST Because I drive (an AWESOME) mommy car does not mean I can't drive...let me tell you...
And just because I drive a mommy car does NOT mean I'd have been better off riding a snail.

OK So maybe I experience a bit of Road Rage, whatever DON'T CUT ME OFF PEEPS! That all I'm sayin.

'Cuz if Mama Ain't Happy, Ain't NOBODY Happy!

 Just Sayin'


PS D thinks you might not get my humor, but if you've read me for a while...you know...

PPS I just drove to & from Vegas in my awesome minivan so what can I say? :)

PPPS I met some awesome bloggers in Vegas drop by and check these lady's out! Not all of them are mommy bloggers:

It Ain't Easy Being Cheesy - I HEART her!
The Young and the Relentless
Bobbi In La La Land
Parenting By Dummies
Two Fatties - BTW NOT fat! Puhleez!

And more to come!

11 JUICY LOVE NOTES:

Alicia said...

HAAAA!! was it a long drive home?! lol....you need a bullhorn so you can shout out the window at people cutting you off! thanks for an awesome time :) you know, now that we've met and taken our relationship to the next level, we're like LEGIT. yeah. that's right. oh by the way, i'm pretty sure the lady next to me on the plane HATED me sitting next to her!! she's probably freaking out that she's gonna get the swine flu! HAAA!

Christy Killoran said...

You are so funny. I love my minivan. I don't use the automatic door though because I saw a child's leg get caught in one and it did not stop until the kid had a broken leg. I am always passed and cut off, but I also drive the speed limit so most people consider that a snail's pace.

Ticia said...

AMEN! I'm with you 100%!

Oh, and whenever you next come to Texas, you're totally letting me know right? You have to come sometime if you've got family here. And the Houston Children's Museum, AWESOME! So worth going to.

valentine said...

it is the opposite in utah, i stay away from the minivans, cuz them b*tches is crazy! half paying attention, on the phone, yelling at their kids, driving like 20 miles over the limit....

no way i am going near them, much less cut them off.

Anonymous said...

Total crack up...and yes all you said was soooo true. I had a mini van awhile back, actually back when I only had one kid..haha! Now that I have 3 I drive something smaller..go figure!

Ticia said...

I gave you an award, and I forgot to say I am so totally with you on the automatic doors. They're even more of a lifesaver once you have more than one.

Connie said...

LOL! That's why I drive the GIANT SUV! NObody cuts me off!

LOVED meeting you this weekend! I miss you already.

Bobbi said...

I don't cut off mommy's in mini vans, I'm a good girl!

It was so nice meeting you, you're awesome!

Cindy said...

So true. Why do people have a thing about minivans. I drove one for years. Funny though my hubby didn't really like driving it, or that is being seen driving it. Granted we got our first one when we were about 25 and what 25 guy wants to be seen driving a minivan. But dude when you have 2 kids and 2 dogs what do you expect. However, now we drive a suburban and I love it. Now that we have 3 kids and the dogs we bring a lot of junk with us wherever we go.

Thanks for the post b/c minivans do rock!

Natalie Jane said...

My husband and I disagree on how many kids to have. He wants to stop at 2. I want three. His big argument, "we would have to get a minivan you know....." :)

AdriansCrazyLife said...

I *LOVE* my Mommy van. Even though I usually only have 1 child with me - (I have two boys ages 11 & 20) I wanted a van for years and I was so happy when I was able to get one.

I just love all that room and being able to bring along as many people as I want. I can't imagine going back to a regular car.

 
Custom Blog Design for Orange Juice by April Showers Blog Design