Search This Blog

Saturday, November 14, 2009

Date Night- Childhood

D & I hardly get time to really enjoy much time together. Even after Zorro is in bed, we both have a slew of things that still need to get done sans toddler. We've been really needing time to reconnect but dates are not really in the cards for us too often because have you heard how much preteens are making now a days for babysitting?!?!? SHEESH!
I try to beg bargain for free dates like...I'll wax your brows for free sitting!!! Or You watch mine, I'll watch yours! Sometimes it works... But SOMETIMES the heavens part and a totally awesome person will randomly call me and say HEY! I;ll watch Z for you this week so you can go on a date! OK that's RARE but it DOES happen. And it DID! This week!

I was shocked and thrilled and got to work right away planning a fun and DIFFERENT type of date for us. No movies and dinner which had become our standard. It's "fun" but it's kind of dry... We needed something new. Since Z would NOT be at our place for the evening we planned an evening in with a themed night to rock all nights! Our Theme:
CHILDHOOD

You might be wondering why the heck we chose that. Childhood doesn't really scream SEXY. But it does scream F-U-N! And that's what we had!

Here's what we did:
Everything was to remind us of childhood and even OUR childhood.


FOOD: 
We used only children's bowls, plates, utensils & cups
  • Capbell's Chicken and Stars
  • Chef Boyardee Mini Ravioli
  • Dino Chix Nougats
  • Tater tots
  • Pizza Rolls
  • Baby Carrots
  • Chocolate Milk
  • Hostess Cupcakes
  • Hostess Chocodile
  • Hostess  Twinkies
  • Animal Crackers
ENTERTAINMENT

  • Cartoons- Carebears
  • Disney Movie- The Love Bug
  • Games- Operation, Life, Yatzee, Chutes and Ladders (we played Yatzee the rest was for decor)
  • Some Fave Childhood Books- I grabbed D's fave books since we had them already.
  • MASH- That's right! We played Mash! HA! 
DECOR
If we had a larger buget I would have bought some vitage toys and put them around. But the decor was really just all the fun stuff!

PRESENTS
We had to each bring a present for eachother based on the theme and with a small budget.

My Present to D:
Vintage Lunch Box with vintage candies



D's Present to Me:
Rhinestone Hair Clips
(I couldn't get good pics with my cam phone)

8 JUICY LOVE NOTES:

Gosfam said...

What a cute idea--I am inspire, I hope my husband will enjoy a fun NIGHT in :)

Susana said...

OH, I love this!! So with you on the needing a date night!! HA! Those are a thing of the past around here for awhile! At night, I could stay up until the next morning and still not get all my stuff done:-).

So glad you guys got to have such fun together:-). You deserve it!

Ticia said...

What a fun date night idea, I may have to steal that one sometime...... Jeff just surprised me by taking me to one of my favorite fancy restaurants.

Christy Killoran said...

So much fun! I'm so glad that you got some much needed time alone.

Dumb Mom said...

Aren't you guys cute?! We are notoriously uncreative with our dates. We're going to a basketball game this week, though which is not our normal modus operandi. We're more lunch movie people b/c we act like 80 year olds and like to be home before sundown!

Daisygirl said...

That is the cutest thing I have ever heard of for date night! I love the idea and Im totally stealing it from you one of these days...having 3 kids makes it even harder for this to happen.

Natalie PlanetSmarty said...

It's pretty awesome that you planned such a fun date night. I am positively jealous that you still have them once in a while - nobody offers us any babysitting services :(

Rachel said...

Such a great idea! We do dates at home too, once the kids go to bed! I'll have to come up with a variation!

 
Custom Blog Design for Orange Juice by April Showers Blog Design