I try to
I was shocked and thrilled and got to work right away planning a fun and DIFFERENT type of date for us. No movies and dinner which had become our standard. It's "fun" but it's kind of dry... We needed something new. Since Z would NOT be at our place for the evening we planned an evening in with a themed night to rock all nights! Our Theme:
You might be wondering why the heck we chose that. Childhood doesn't really scream SEXY. But it does scream F-U-N! And that's what we had!
Here's what we did:
Everything was to remind us of childhood and even OUR childhood.
We used only children's bowls, plates, utensils & cups
- Capbell's Chicken and Stars
- Chef Boyardee Mini Ravioli
- Dino Chix Nougats
- Tater tots
- Pizza Rolls
- Baby Carrots
- Chocolate Milk
- Hostess Cupcakes
- Hostess Chocodile
- Hostess Twinkies
- Animal Crackers
- Cartoons- Carebears
- Disney Movie- The Love Bug
- Games- Operation, Life, Yatzee, Chutes and Ladders (we played Yatzee the rest was for decor)
- Some Fave Childhood Books- I grabbed D's fave books since we had them already.
- MASH- That's right! We played Mash! HA!
If we had a larger buget I would have bought some vitage toys and put them around. But the decor was really just all the fun stuff!
We had to each bring a present for eachother based on the theme and with a small budget.
My Present to D:
Vintage Lunch Box with vintage candies
D's Present to Me:
Rhinestone Hair Clips
(I couldn't get good pics with my cam phone)