Search This Blog

Friday, October 29, 2010

Enjoying a Favorite Pastime {Reading}

I used to read  an average of one fiction book a week and one non fiction book a month. I would tear them up and even still I had a long list of books. After I had Zorro it seems my reading hours dropped drastically. Then I started blogging and it dropped to the point that I rarely read anything accept my massive list of blogs.

A few months ago the reading bug bit me again and I am thoroughly addicted to my favorite pastime. And such a good one too. For my birthday (in August) I was given a bunch of Border's gift cards and I was in HEAVEN! I have used up almost all of them now

I've said it before but my fave genre on books would be "Chick Lit." You know those pink covered books with high heals on them, lipstick  or other such nonsense. What I love about them is that they are simple brainless reads but somewhat like real life but usually more grandiose and nearly always have a happy ending. Kinda like a romantic comedy.

My favorite Authors are Jennifer Weiner and Jane Green. Jennifer Weiner is absolutely amazing and with each and every book she writes her writing style changes and you can see how much she is growing as an author. Her stories are written almost to reflect the progression of life and books also have a little bit more substance than most "chick lit" books. Oddly enough Jane Green and Jennifer Weiner tend to write similar books at the same time altough they are quite different. Still Jennifer Weiner is my TOP fave author.

Enough of that though. I think I will start writing reviews on the books I read. I really should. I'd also love to hear what you are reading! I can always use a great book suggestion. :)

1 JUICY LOVE NOTES:

Christy Killoran said...

I love chick lit too! Believe it or not, I also love vampire books - I never thought I would say that!!!

 
Custom Blog Design for Orange Juice by April Showers Blog Design