Let's just ponder just a few of the attributes of the fabulous minivan for just a second here:
- Sliding Doors- Shoot AUTOMATIC sliding doors. Need I tell you the many wonderful reasons for this fabulousness? OK since you asked...
- No kids slamming the car door open into the parked next you.
- always able to open a door if someone parks so close you only have a sliver of room to get into your car.
- Hands full of groceries and kids and only one finger will open the car. Beautiful.
- What am I missing?
- LOADS of room and everything is easily accessible!
- These puppy's are made for families. There's tons of room and you can easily get to things (even when you're on a road trip and need to jump over to the back of the car-which I don't recommend but lets be honest here we all do it).
- Seats the fold and tuck away so once again everything is accessible and there's room for an entire house. Or at least room enough for when I go on a trip which is pretty much like bringing the whole house anyway because I DO NOT travel light let me tell you.
So why on earth would you actually buy an SUV? Well there is the fact that you sit higher up. That's always a plus but when are start buying really large SUVs they become claustrophobic. They are beasts on the outside and all the room is taken up by the 2 & 3 rows of seats with about an inch of foot room. They are difficult to drive and guzzle far more gas than minivans.
Really, I think SUVs are just minivans on steroids without any of the benefits. That's too bad. All for the sake of not wanting be "that" mom. I say embrace it! You're just fooling yourself if you think that massive beast is really any better than a minivan.