Search This Blog

Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Field Trip - Oak Canyon Nature Center (Butterflies and Bugs)


Click on photo for link

I went to The Oak Canyon Nature Center for a hike with my friend. She is a MEGA outdoorsy kinda gal! I told her our theme this week and she said, "let go here!" I'd never heard of it so I was excited to go somewhere new.

Z brought along his bug catcher filled with fake bugs.

This is definitely NOT your urban hiking trail! It's the real deal...total outdoor, woodsy hiking in the hills. We had no problem finding bug here. Lots of flying bugs and spider webs (EW!...ya I like the urban hiking trails myself). We saw a beautiful electric blue dragon fly. Zorro thought it was really cool!


Look at the huge tree!

One of the great things about this place is that it has an interpretive center that's actually OPEN! The had a tarantula, snakes, a frog, a bug board, bones, snake skins, books, and more.


Z at the bug board


0 JUICY LOVE NOTES:

 
Custom Blog Design for Orange Juice by April Showers Blog Design