Have I told you about Nia?
Fusion of Eastern and Western movement arts and free movement. Moving in a way that it pleasurable to your body.
A Holistic Approach: The Nia Way (info from site)
- Nia applies a somatic (body-based) approach to learning, transmitting cognitive information while engaging the whole person via physical experiences.
- Body is used for exploration, discovery and sensory-based learning.
- Mind is used to focus, witness and direct attention.
- Emotion is used to create a personal connection to experience and is the conduit of body-mind connection.
- Spirit (that which is unique to each person) is used to direct personal power, foster self-healing and expand each person's potential.
I'll the let the creator tell you more:
Nia in Action: